- Ensures efficient events, procurement and logistical services management
- Ensures efficient and accurate conference hall reservation management
- Ensure knowledge building and management
- Efficient management of the UN Compound Conference Room and meeting room facilities and Cafeteria including overall assistance in organizing special events, administration and maintenance of facilities and client-orientation alongside the administration and management of outsourced services, as requested;
- Responsible for ensuring UN Compound event management/hospitality related procurement is conducted in compliance with relevant UN regulations, rules and policies;
- Liaising with other UN entities to maintain efficient use of the conference facility
- Management of the Cafeteria including participation in tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, handling and liaising with external organizations allowed to engage in business related to cafeteria and conference hall of the UN Compound.
- Management of Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) with catering service providers for the provision of services to the UN Compound Conference Facility.
- Monitor and prepare regular management reports on common event management services for Common Service Team approval review.
- Proper management of UN Conference room reservation and billing system
- Monthly billing of clients based on usage of conference hall by the 10th of the following month.
- Monitor and coordinate with service providers about technical issues of the multimedia, Audio visual & network systems of the UN conference hall.
- Identification of sources of information related to Common event management services.
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to the UN Compound common event management services development goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Being service minded and facilitator of good service delivery.
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
- Strong Client Orientation
- Fair and transparent decision-making; calculated risk-taking.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Gender and disability sensitivity in coordinating the functions
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
- Be flexible as member of the team to assist Admin-supporting staff as required;
- Demonstrates knowledge of diplomatic protocol guidelines
- Demonstrates knowledge of security issues
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Secondary Education (G.C.E. Advanced level) OR Degree in Tourism, Hotel Management or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant and progressive experience providing coordination, administrative and operational support in the Food and Beverage Management industry with Secondary Education OR One (1) years relevant and progressive experience providing coordination, administrative and operational support in the Food and Beverage Management industry with bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in the English Language.
- Fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil languages would be an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility of extension