Under the guidance from the Head of the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office and direct supervision of the Executive Associate, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UN RC and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the office, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension