Follow this company
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks to recruit Driver/Logistician for three months for project consolidation and upcoming project opportunities. The Driver/Logistician will be located in Gujji Zone and will be responsible for assisting the Zonal Coordinator based in Gujji Zone.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide transport service to PATH staff and guests as instructed during working hours or out of working hours as required including to and from the field.
- Take responsibility for the safety of the vehicle assigned and its tools & accessories.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in proper working condition at all times.
- Ensure annual vehicle inspection is done timely and documentation is properly kept.
- Comply with PATH’s driver code of conduct & vehicle protocol as well as transport/traffic regulations/laws of the land.
- Promptly report accident/damages to the vehicle and property under custody in a timely manner to the supervisor, insurance and relevant authorities.
- Maintain the vehicle logbook/sheet to track vehicle movement, mileage and ensure preventive maintenance on a monthly basis.
- Distribute PATH’s correspondences/documentation to various partner organizations; collect and mail letters to and from the post office.
- Handle distribution of supplies at the regional and district level including copying and binding of printed materials as need arises.
- Assist in minor procurement activities.
- Assist PATH staff in handling financial payments during workshops and trainings.
- Assist in activities such as bill payments to Vendors and government offices at the regional and district level as requested.
- Completion of 12thGrade and 3rd grade driving license.
- 5 years driving experience & logistics related work.
- Defensive driving and auto mechanic background.
- Valid driving license and good driving record.
- Working Experience in an NGO setting preferable.
- Basic mechanical skills to track preventive maintenance and minor repairs where necessary.
- Good coordination and communication skills.
- Trustworthy, honest and reliable.
- Physical fitness and willingness to work in an office with frequent field travel.
This is an internal vacancy announcement with an application deadline of December 06, 2019.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location Guji, Ethiopia Company Location Ethiopia, Guji Zone Position Type Full-Time/Regular