Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Team Leader
DRC – Danish Refugee Council
Open positions at DRC
This is a DRC – National contract.
More about DRC – National contracts.
Open a multi-currency account in minutes
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Area Program Manager – South and supervising the CCCM team in Kandahar (including CCCM Officers, IM/Referrals Officer, and Accountability Officers), the CCCM Team Leader is responsible for overall implementation of DRC’s CCCM activities, in line with global standards, Afghanistan CCCM Working Group standards, and DRC’s policies and standard operating procedures. The CCCM Team Leader will also be responsible for CCCM-related reporting responsibilities, coordination and capacity-building of partners, and liaison with de-facto authorities in Kandahar, all in close coordination with the Area Manager and Area Program Manager.
Working in the CCCM sector involves working in informal settlements and at IDP hosting sites and working together with other international and local organizations to coordinate implementation of humanitarian activities, support community-based site management mechanisms, and collect information on informal settlements for direct improvement on residents’ living conditions, coordinate services, and to advocate for the needs of people living in the sites.
The CCCM Team Leader is a key leadership role, and requires strong team management skills, strong communication skills with different stakeholders, a proactive approach, and strong commitment to humanitarian principles and protection of affected populations in line with DRC’s mandate.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree (BA) in relevant area (social sciences, civil engineering, logistics etc).
- Minimum four years of experience in UN agency or international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in CCCM, Emergency, Protection, Shelter, or WASH program, or in support functions (logistics, supply etc.)
- At least two years of team management experience in UN agency or international and/or local NGO
- Strong organizational skills
- Good conceptual understanding of protection and human rights
- Excellent representation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Good skills with basic software, such as MS Word and Excel
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems
- Previous experience in working in DRC
- Strong protection, shelter, or WASH background is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
- Strong working proficiency in Pashto and Dari. Good English language skills are desirable.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.
DRC Job Application form link: https://www.acbar.org/Document/8060869251.docx
Note: Please attach the completed application form instead of CV along with your letter of motivation to the official DRC Job portal address mentioned in the job vacancy, Only DRC Job application form will be considering, please do not attached your CVs.