Follow this company
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Director of Programme Development and Quality shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office Programme. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Mozambique, the Director of Programme Development and Quality is responsible for overseeing the development of high quality, innovative Programmes that deliver immediate and lasting change for children and monitoring the quality of the implementation of those Programmes in line with the 2016-2018 strategy. The incumbent leads a team of sector specialists that provides high-level technical assistance and capacity building to staff, partners and beneficiaries across all thematic areas in support of on-going activities, advocates for macro-political change for children, manages implementation of nationally focused projects, and communicates internally and externally on effective programming.
Contract Duration: 2 years
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended a minimum of five years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including designing Programmes and projects for children in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, child protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Recognized leadership role in relevant technical areas at both field and country level
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, in an area of social development
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the NGO sector, both development and humanitarian issues
- Solid experience of developing and managing monitoring and learning systems
- Good analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
- Resource management, training , capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams, in emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Portuguese would be an advantage
- Knowledge of child rights in general and application of child rights programming in practice
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents