Director of Finance & Operations
Follow this company
· Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub-award management, accounting, and logistics.
· Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub-award and operations aspects of the project. This includes maintaining and updating a system and SOPs for staff that supports sub-awards.
· Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Malawi laws.
· Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
· Maintain accurate financial pipeline reports and other monthly financial reports for internal analysis and tracking purposes to be reviewed with the Project Director and other relevant FHI 360 staff members.
· Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
· Act as liaison and provide guidance to Consortium Partners on budgets and financial reporting related matters.
· Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID and FHI 360.
· Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
· Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
· Liaise with the FHI 360 Office of Compliance and Internal Audit to improve necessary documentation and or answers to questions arising from internal and external reviews or audits
· Ensure that all operational functions are effectively coordinated. Oversee human resources, finance and accounting, administrative and procurement, contracts and grants and IT functions for the project.
· Support the Contracts Management Services department and COP to ensure proper interpretation of the award instruments when entering to financial obligations or any other contracting actions.
· Other activities as assigned by the COP.
· Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience.
· CPA, ACCA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional certification/qualification is preferred.
· Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
· Minimum of 5 years managing sub-grant finances.
· 5+ years’ experience working in a developing country; Malawi experience is strongly preferred.
· Experience and good working knowledge of USAID and other US Government organizations’ rules and regulations is required.
· Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting for an international NGO.
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing operations functions for an INGO: administration, procurement, logistics, IT, HR, contracts and grants and other non-technical areas.
· Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles.
· Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word and MS PowerPoint, with expert knowledge of MS Excel.
· Experience building capacity in the financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
· Demonstrated leadership qualities, including recognizes potential problems ahead of time and act to prevent or mitigate, proactively proposes solutions and then operationalizes those solutions once agreed upon, understands and provide what supervisees need to do their jobs effectively (standard operating procedures, training or TA, consequences, structural realignments, tools, etc.), collaborate with SMT to lead the project to success, willing to make difficult decisions when necessary.
· Depth and breadth of financial management expertise.
· Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
· Ability to work on problems of a complex scope that require in-depth evaluations of data and various factors.
· Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance, and efficiency opportunities
· Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
· Effective manager of staff to contribute to project objectives in a timely manner.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand-held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
You can cancel email alerts at any time.