Follow this company
Company Aurum Group
Reference # (TS/Data/GR)(EKURHULENI EAST/EKURHULENI NORTH AND EKURHULENI SOUTH)
Contract Type Permanent
Salary Market Related
Location Alberton, Gauteng, South Africa
The Aurum Institute is offering a great opportunity to suitably qualified and experienced staff to contribute towards our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Global Health Research and Systems. We are focused on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
The following positions have become available as part of the Technical Services Division projects and you are welcome to apply should you meet the requirements of the position.
Job Functions Data Management
Industries Ngo / Non-Profit
Purpose of this post:
Responsible for the supervision of Data Capturers, overseeing of data capture and filing, quality control and monitoring of the data capture process, administration of documents from the sites, and streamlining of data capture procedures.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Generate operational reports and distribute to sites
- Capture and validate paper data collection forms into the correct database
- Performs data verification on data already captured in the database
- Handling of data queries
- Data reconciliation across multiple databases
- Review of data collection forms for completeness, accuracy and consistency
- Identify/resolve data discrepancies by monitoring data (review data listings, perform manual checks and reviewing output in query files)
- Freeze and locking of data
- Reconciling of data entered into data base with project-specific tracking sheets
- Training of data capturers and other staff
- Filing and tracking of all data material received
- Create and maintain all data management files and appropriate documentation
- Filing and management of all queries received electronically
- Complete daily time sheets to keep record of the work done and forward monthly statistics to relevant role-players
Liaise with External and Internal Customers:
- Liaise with all Internal Customers and External Customers and Suppliers where necessary towards the achievement of organisational and departmental goals.
- Supervision of Data Capturers
- Assist with staff discipline, performance management and other HR-related duties in respect of subordinates
- Assist with corrective training of subordinates
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures according to prescribed procedures and legislation.
- Report all unsafe activities to Senior Management/Human Resources
- Adhere and maintain Decision making authority as allocated to the position
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adhere to all data management SOPs, guidelines and confidential agreements
YOU MUST HAVE:
Qualification / Professional Membership:
- Relevant Diploma / Degree – advantageous
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years data capturing experience
- Experience in Supervision of staff
- Experience in data monitoring techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, and routine database activity, word processing, spread sheet, graphics.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Own Transport
- Computer Literate
- Efficient in MS Office
- Database development skills
NB: Non – South African citizens must have a valid work-permit
Please provide current relevant references for background checks.
Follow the online link and apply for this position via our E-Recruitment system Aurum Skillsmap http://auruminternal.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/17242_to reach us no later than the 10 December 2019 before 12:00pm
Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful. All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
It starts with me, let’s work together In the fight against TB and HIV
To seek, to find, to share, to care
Job Closing Date 10/12/2019