- TechnoServe Background: TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Position Description:
The Data Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of a database as well as overseeing the data gathered related to the monitoring and evaluation of the Coffee Initiative programs in Ethiopia.
III.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Administrator is responsible for:
- Familiarize him/herself with the M&E related activities and ensure that the M&E SOP and RASCI matrix for Ethiopia are adhered to.
- Proactively seek out data and information (mainly from field teams) and manage data entry in line with the given timelines
- Follow up on the first three months’ farmers’ attendance sheet, collect and arrange photocopies at the field, file them in an orderly manner and bring or send the copies to the Addis office.
- Follow up with relevant field staff for data verification
- Perform related tasks like ordering survey training supplies and filing documents
- Gather, organize and properly file hard copies of all data and documents gathered from the field teams
- Assure the accuracy of all data entered by doing back checks as per the instructions provided
- Clean and synthesize attendance and any M&E data from data encoders
- Prepare minor data collection templates and monthly farmers attendance sheet
- Prepare Name Tags, Tablet’s Labelling and Handover letters for Enumerators
- Assist in any formatting and adjustments of M&E materials
- Review that all M&E data and ensure it is complete and presented in the correct formats for analysis
- Any other duties assigned by the MEL Officer and MEL Manager.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in IT or Computer Science or related fields with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in managing data
- Experience with computer programs related to data analysis including Excel.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Oral and written communication skills that are clear and concise in both English and Amharic
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Preferred Skills:
Ability to translate documents to Amharic or Oromifa while maintaining the context for field use.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should Click here to apply for this position and submit a cover letter resume and salary history as a single document (either Word or PDF) by December 9, 2019. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
- Job City Addis Ababa