• Professionalism: Good knowledge and command of planning, programming budgeting, financial management and other relevant administrative policies. Demonstrated ability to provide effective specialized advice in a broad range of development assistance issues in particular as it relates to drugs and HIV; ability to ensure adequate preparation of reports or rationale with respect to key technical assistance decisions.
• Vision: Ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks and to translate them into a realistic assistance programme.
• Planning and organizing: Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision. Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibility and honors commitments; delivers outputs in line with agreed schedules, budgets and quality standards in line with prevailing rules, regulations and procedures.
• Communication: Proven and sustained communication (oral and written) skills, including ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues, articulating options concisely conveying the maximum necessary information, making and defending recommendations. Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailored language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year (extension subject to availability of funding)