The holder of this role will be responsible for collecting debts from the company debtors, evaluating new credit requests, ensuring timely payments of company debts, processing invoices, maintaining the sales ledger, and providing administrative support.
- Checking customer’s credit situation and deciding whether or not to offer the credit
- Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring debts are paid in a timely manner and negotiating re-payment plans
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system
- Meet daily cash & debt collection targets set by the Company
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company’s policies regulations
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Develop and monitor a credit control system in collaboration with sales and marketing, finance and executive team members.
- Establish policies that follow customer service best practices while ensuring customers submit payments on time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience, with at least 2 years debt collection, receivables and payable relevant experience will be an advantage.
- Applicable professional qualification if any like CPA-K
- Good understanding of Credit control management process
- A working knowledge of legislation and guiding tax laws
- Good understanding and competency in ERP systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Familiarity with computer software programs to analyze payment patterns and enter data