CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 1902966
Consultant for Zero Hunger Strategy Development in the Region
Job Posting: 17/Dec/2019
Closure Date: 31/Dec/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : RNE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Home-Based
Duration : 6 months
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO is supporting the League of Arab States (LAS) in developing a Regional Strategic Framework and Action Plan (RSFAP) on Achieving SDG2 and Ending Hunger in the Arab Region. The Regional Consultant with work closely with the Sustainable Development and International Cooperation Department (SDIC) of LAS, FAO Team and the International Consultant to contribute to the development of the RSFAP.
The Consultant reports to FAO Policy Officer under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative, RNE and the technical guidance of the Regional Programme Leader.
Contribute to the preparation of RSFAP – focusing on specific technical themes, including the consultation with Member States, LAS’s Sub-Committee on Ending Hunger and, regional stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare background papers on issues related to the RSFAP on Zero Hunger in the Arab Region. The specific topics of the background papers will be in coordination with the International Consultant and the LTO.
- Coordinate the work with the Technical and Cross-cutting working groups and lead the consultations with these groups
- Assist in identifying the key areas to be covered in the RSFAP and; in preparing and revising the outline / table of contents of the RSFAP
- Coordinate with the International Consultant in: (a) preparation of the RSFAP, (b) consultations with different stakeholders
- Facilitate approval of RSFAP and other documents by LAS institutions.
- Perform any other agreed tasks with the LTO
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced degree or equivalent in relevant areas of studies such as Agriculture Economics, Public Policy, Social and Political Sciences, Economics, Development Studies, Nutrition or other related disciplines;
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in producing strategic documents;
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic or French;
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work is desirable.
- Relevant experience serving in the region;
- Proven records of leading diverse teams and in engaging with senior officials;
- Excellent capacity in regional analyses;
- Proven ability to deliver quality output working under tight deadlines;
- Be flexible and responsive to changes as part of the review and feedback process;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and working in multicultural environment
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of Arabic is considered a strong asset
- Thorough knowledge of one or more of the key fields of SDG2
- Knowledge of similar regional initiatives and/or the Arab Region will be considered a strong asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT