UNICEF Kingston, Jamaica
Job no: 527961
Position type: Consultancy
Division/Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
Department/Office: Kingston, Jamaica
Location of Consultancy: Kingston, Jamaica
Duration: 4 Months
Anticipated Start Date: January 2020
Anticipated End Date: April 2020
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Terms of Reference Special Education Course Designer.pdf
The Consultant will complete the following tasks:-
Design inclusive Early Childhood Development training packages for Trainers and Early Childhood Practitioners
Train One Hundred and Thirty (130) Early Childhood Commissions field Officers Technical/Professional.
- Develop a companion online introduction to Special Needs in Early Childhood Education course.
- Facilitate inclusive workshops for all development officers.
Develop a training package presented for feedback
Final training package utilised in trainings of core ECC staff (110)
Within 4 months
Develop an on-line special needs companion course developed
Within 4 months
Facilitation of inclusive learning materials making workshop for 50 Development Officers
Within 4 months
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:-
- An advanced university degree (masters) in special education or related field.
- A first degree in Education or a Teachers College Certificate is considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in special education, preferably at the early childhood level.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Instructional/curriculum design
- Fluency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:-
- Strong teaching skills for the early childhood level
- Strong facilitation skills
- Good Interpersonal and People Management skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills
- Strong stakeholder relations skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking Skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Before commencing work, a consultant or individual contractor shall submit a statement of good health and take full responsibility for the accuracy of that statement, including confirmation that he or she has been informed of the inoculations required for the country or countries to which travel is authorized. Consultants and individual contractors shall assume all costs that may occur in relation to the statement of good health.
Consultants and individual contractors are required to certify that they are covered by medical/health insurance.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines and completion of all mandatory trainings. Performance indicators against which the satisfactory conclusion of this contract will be assessed include: timeliness/quality of submission and responsiveness to UNICEF and counterpart feedback.
UNICEF shall hold all property rights, such as copyright, patents and registered trademarks, on matter directly related to, or derived from, the work carried out through this contract with UNICEF.
Consultants and Individual contractors, even those working from home, must complete the following online courses prior to signature of contract. All certificates should be presented as part of the contract.
- Ethics and Integrity at UNICEF https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=1289
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Abuse of Authority https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=114
- Sexual Exploitation Abuse (PSEA) https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=7380
Consultants and Individual Contractors must complete the following course before commencement of any travel on behalf of UNICEF.
- BSAFE Security Training https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=17891
Any consultant or individual contractor who is issued a UNICEF email address must complete the following courses no later than 30 days after signature of contract.
- UN Human Rights and Responsibilities https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=2128
- UNICEF Information Security Awareness Course https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=12037
- Fraud Awareness https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=18439
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, click on the Apply link found either at the beginning or at the end. The application package should include the following:
- A cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae including three (3) relevant references
- Catalogue of work in curriculum or course design
- Financial Proposal for this consultancy
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 20 2019 SA Pacific Standard Time
Application close: Dec 04 2019 SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Subscribe Recaptcha Privacy agreement
Closes Dec 04 2019
Consultancy – Special Needs Course Designer in Jamaica
We are looking for an innovative and creative Curriculum Designer to translate Early Childhood Development (ECD) content for special needs students into engaging educational courses for practitioners of Early Childhood Institutions (ECI) to better serve young children with disabilities. If you have experience in structuring educational programs and are familiar with early childhood education, specifically in the area of special education, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you will create a curriculum that will improve the lives of our major stakeholders – ‘our children.’
Powered by PageUp
Full site © 2019 unicef