I. Identification of the post
Title: Communication, Partnership and Outreach Intern
Organizational Unit: JPO Service Centre (BMS/OHR/JPOSC)
Duration: 6 months
Expected starting date: Mid-January 2020 ideally
Stipend: A monthly stipend will be provided. Amount to be determined.
Supervisor’s name: Aitor Rubio (Communications and Partnerships Associate)
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. In 2017, UNDP is continuing to work to support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development for the next 15 years.
The UNDP JPOSC is an end-to-end human resource service centre. Among other Programmes, it administers the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme whose overall goal is to provide young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the field of international development cooperation, and as such to build capacities for the global development sector, while providing UNDP and other UN organizations with young talent with promising professional development.
Under the authority of the JPOSC Manager, and as part of the Partnership and Business Development team and the supervision of the above-mentioned staff member, the intern will contribute to the development and the maintenance of client-oriented services, and ensure that the JPOSC follows a model of excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities
% of time
- Assist in managing UNDP/JPOSC Social Media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram) targeting the various stakeholders to the JPO Programme (Applicants, Partner Countries and Partner UN Agencies).
- Assist in executing Social Media strategies, posting on the different outlets and keeping track of the key performance indicators for each network.
- Research relevant content and stories to post on JPOSC’s Social Media platforms.
- Assist in the development of graphical presentations.
- Create and design digital assets (brochures infographics, posters, etc.) for internal and external communications.
- Assist creating digital assets for the website.
- Provide support in data presentation through visual tools.
Data & Knowledge Management
- Manage access of our social media private groups for JPOs on several networks.
- Assist in updating the JPOSC Database (Microsoft Access)
- Outreach to new and former JPOs and members of the JPO Alumni Association (JAA) (weekly job bulletin, yearly recruitment campaign and yearly directory).
- Provide support in data analysis and statistics (Excel).
- Conduct research for various best practices depending on projects at hand.
- Support to any ad hoc activities related to the JPO and other Programmes.
- Provide support for pre-departure briefing of JPOs.
IV. REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Please check the eligibility/conditions (such as enrolment in a graduate/postgraduate program) on the UNDP JPO Service Centre website before applying.
- Communication: Ability to summarize a large amount of information and translate it into a visually compelling product for a public audience;
- Graphic skills: Good knowledge using the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and InDesign is a requirement.
- Language skills: Fluency in English is required. Good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset.
V. TRAINING COMPONENTS AND LEARNING ELEMENTS
As a full member of the JPOSC team, the intern will:
- Participate in in-house training opportunities as applicable
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP
- Participate in dedicated trainings and UNDP online learning tools
- Strengthen his/her effective writing skills
- Participate in working groups
VI. EXPECTED STARTING DATE
The selected candidate is expected to start his/her internship in mid-January 2020 ideally
VII. HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should apply on the UNDP corporate jobsite by 20 December 2019 close of business Copenhagen time.
Final selection interviews of short-listed applicants are expected to take place between 6-10 January 2020.
Required Skills and Experience
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Refer a Friend Apply Now