Collaboration Manager for Collaborative Cash Delivery, Ethiopia
Follow this company
Collaboration Manager for Collaborative Cash Delivery, Ethiopia
Job Title: Program Manager I — CCD Collaboration Manager
Reports to: Ethiopia HoP
Internal Title: Program Manager I
Department: East Africa Region, Ethiopia
Job Type: Full-Time
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will serve as the Ethiopia Collaboration Cash Delivery (CCD) Technical Lead to facilitate discussions between the various members, drive forward collaborative activities, establish a more robust framework for CCD structure and operations in Ethiopia, and promote CCD for both fundraising and awareness-raising efforts. You will also be accountable for the different workstreams under the CCD collaboration unit and reporting to the various stakeholders (Steering Committee, Global CCD Coordinators, CCD members in Ethiopia), ensuring the finalization and adherence to the Governance Framework and MoU by Ethiopia CCD Platform members.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the establishment of the Steering Committee of the CCD at country level, and serve as chair and convener of the Steering Committee
- Lead the development, and maintenance, of an up to date work plan for the CCD, including priority actions for the first year
- Continue to socialize the CCD platform principles and structure in Ethiopia (and possibly in the Region) including with donors, FSPs, members, external stakeholders (Government, Cash Working Group)
- Be the link between CCD operational responses and the Steering Committee for Ethiopia CCD Platform
- Support the development of technical and programmatic components of funding submissions/proposals, ensuring feasibility and adherence to minimum technical quality standards
- Support the recruitment of CCD dedicated staff (funding permitted), and supervise and capacity build where applicable, in line with the agreed Governance Framework
- Scope system investment needs/opportunities for the CCD in Ethiopia and scope options for technical support to CCD members, as required
- Build upon opportunities to map the geographic presence, available resources, systems and capacities and innovations of CCD members in Ethiopia, with the view to having members pre-positioned in various contexts to respond rapidly in crisis situations
- Manage the knowledge created by the Ethiopia CCD Platform: analyze and synthesize information from the various operational responses, CU workstreams and other stakeholders including key challenges.
- Liaise with global CCD focal points and other country-level CCD leads to share learning and experience, and utilize this in shaping the CCD in Ethiopia.
- Effectively manage talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Champion learning with CCD members. Analyze and evaluate project performance data. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of CCD organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to the CCD, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of cash programming required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – English
Travel – include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Experience leading collaborations and/or consortiums with strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and managing humanitarian Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programs, with solid knowledge of cash programming, humanitarian operations and ideally modernizing approaches to cash distributions (digitizing the ‘cash system’, Financial Service Provider engagement, beneficiary data management systems etc.).
- Inquisitive and innovative mind and be flexible and adaptable, responding to situations that arise over the course of the deployment.
- Project management experience in cash programming is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can cancel email alerts at any time.