Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
The “Touching Minds, Raising Dignity” program (or MHPSS component of the AFD CPP – multi-annual partnership agreement) will implement a new phase of activities for the next 4 years (2022-2025) in the current four countries: Lebanon, Madagascar, Sierra Leone, Togo. It aims at improving the quality of life, well-being/positive mental health of people in psychosocial distress and/or suffering from a mental health disorder, through the development of prevention strategies and community-based responses.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Under the responsibility of the Country Director and with the support of the MHPSS Global Specialist at HQ, the Chief of Party will have for main missions to:
1) Support with technical expertise in mental health and psychosocial support the HI teams in the 4 intervention countries of the TMRD program (Lebanon, Madagascar, Sierra Leone, Togo) – 15%
The strength of the TMRD program is its crosscutting approach, which enables progress to be made on fundamental projects in mental health/psychosocial support: MEAL in MHPSS, including monitoring, research and evaluation processes, communities of practice and exchange seminars, development of e-learning, rights, ethics and the role of users.
This technical support must maintain and reinforce the effort to support the field teams, to analyse the care practices of our projects and to include the field teams in the issues of the mental health and psychosocial support sector – Rights and ethics, psychiatry/psychology, deinstitutionalization, recovery, etc.
2) Leading and animating the Touching Minds, Raising Dignity program (MHPSS component of the CPP AFD), in particular its transverse axis – 85%
The TMRD activities include national/communities activities and transverse activities targeting the four country of intervention. The TMRD Chief of Party will be responsible of the steering of the program and the implementation of transverse activities.
The steering of the program involves:
• The global and strategic vision of the MH/PSSS component of the CPP AFD (overall operational, technical and financial consistency)
• The strategic, technical, operational and financial management of its transverse axis
• Management of reporting mechanisms and good governance of the program and the CPP AFD
Your main responsibilities will be:
2/Standards and Expertise
-Provide technical guidance and support to the four country teams
-Develop a mechanism for learning and documenting current practices in mental health and psychosocial support in the four TMRD countries
-Manage and lead the result 4 of the project
-Ensure the proper implementation of the project, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures
-Ensure data management of the project
-Contribute to steering organization transformation, in particular through managerial and work practice change and continuous improvement of working processes
-Develop HI’s external influence (forums, operational & strategic alliances, etc.) and the organization’s external representation
4/Emergency Preparedness and Response Responsibilities
-Lead the emergency preparedness actions in TMRD program
-In case of emergency, support the project managers to reorganize the priorities according to the humanitarian imperative, in order to ensure HI’s quick and efficient response
• You hold a Master’s degree in clinical psychology or Bachelor’s degree with knowledge and experience in technical support for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support programs (MHPSS)
• You have minimum 4 years of experience in development, coordination/management of projects in the field of community or human rights based mental health and psychosocial support
• You have experience in representation to donors and international organizations
• You have experience in development, administrative and financial management of projects
• You have knowledge of MHPSS framework and references
• You have a strong experience in capitalization and continuous learning
• You have experience in results monitoring & indicators and project evaluation
• You have experience in research, in planning and coordinating qualitative and quantitative surveys, with dissemination of results
• You have excellent skills in proposal and narrative report writing
• You have excellent command of written and spoken English and French
• You are able to work under pressure and without constant supervision
• You have excellent reactivity and flexibility skills
• You have strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, you are resilient to stress and uncertainty
• You are a good team member and keen to participatory approach
SPECIFICITIES OF THE POSITION:
The overall situation in Sierra Leone is calm, however there are some factors that should be considered from a security perspective, in particular:
-the population’s vulnerability to external shocks
-the health system is generally deficient in Sierra Leone.
The position is based in Freetown but some visits to the Sierra Leone bases in the Provinces would be expected and possibly some travel to Monrovia, Liberia.
The Office and the international staff houses/apartments are comfortable.
Freetown is less developed than the main capitals in West Africa but people are very friendly.
• 4 years International contract starting from February 2022
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2869 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 518,03 € net/month – paid in the field
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year
• R&R: 1 day per month
• Position: open to families
a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
Family-wide health coverage
• Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
• Housing: individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
- Job City Freetown