CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Work Location : Mali – Bamako Type of Post : Accompanied – Family
Other Possible Location : Other program offices Funding : THIS POSITION IS PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
Expected Travel : Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : Application Deadline : 12/2/19
Employee Duration :
CARE seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated $20M USAID/Mali Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) activity. This activity will focus on one component of the GFSS Mali Country Plan in up to two regions in Mali: central/northern Mopti and Tombouctou, and southern Sikasso, Kousiala, and Bougoni.
International relocation and allowances are available for this position. Malian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply as well.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID, Feed the Future, or other international food security projects.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders, including international-, national, and community-level stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders.
- Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with donor’s annual planning cycles.
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement.
- Represent the project at meetings, conferences, and other fora.
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.