31 Jan 2020
About the Organization: Safe Place International’s (SPI) mission is to provide food and shelter to double-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the people we serve.SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; a world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet as a whole is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us.
About The Role: The caseworker position is open to candidates with experience in social work/casework/psychology who are passionate about LGBTQI+ rights and supporting asylum seekers & refugees in Greece through their application process, and employability and integration endeavors. Prior working experience in Greece, required.
Day to Day:
● Maintain a steady stream of about 50 cases at once, meeting each case on a bi-monthly basis
● Facilitate the transfer of information that will enable members to prepare relevant documentation and access specialized care
● Provide counseling to members and facilitate group meetings carry out risk assessment and make referrals when necessary, inform members of the existing provisions available to them and encourage them to explore and map external safe spaces
● Attend bi-weekly coordination meetings with Project Manager and Community Center Coordinator
● Prepare daily case reports and provide recommendations
● Support and guide residents in their job search and in their housing search near the end
of their 12-month stay
● Coordinate with translators and cultural mediators
● Carry out crisis management and de-escalation techniques in emergency situations with
● Collaborate on data collection and mapping of structures and services for the target
● Represent Safe Place Greece in meetings with other NGOs or representatives of
services and structures, inside and outside Greece.
● Ensure the confidentiality of all information of the members
● Promoting long-term strategy and problem / conflict resolution.
● Undertake other duties as assigned
- University degree in Social Work or a related field required
At least 2 years experience in the field as a social worker or caseworker
Minimum 1-year experience working in Greece
Experience working with a high caseload
Experience working in migration and the field of LGBTQI+ rights strongly preferred
Proficiency in Greek & English, Fluency in French
Arabic or Farsi would be an asset
What you can expect from us: The Operations Director will be in continuous collaboration with you on Operational issues, priorities and Growth Strategy. The Board will support you with long term planning and partnership on increasing organizational resources. The Development Director will also work closely with you to source funds needed for both budgeted and non budgeted projects .The Athens Housing Collective Director will be your Direct supervisor and closest working partner on Beneficiary Care.