Baseline survey consultant
Years of experience:
23 Dec 2019
Terms of Reference for Baseline Survey
European Union (EU) Funded project
(1st November 2019 to 31st October 2021)
Grant Number: BEL160611T/GRANT/006
Sense International – Kenya (SI-K) is a Non-Governmental Organization locally registered in Kenya in 2005 with the registration number OP.218/051/2004/0380/3458. It is the only organization in Kenya exclusively supporting people with deafblindness/Multi-sensory impairments (MSI) and other complex disabilities. Our work supports people with deafblindness/MSI on a journey from isolation to independence, ensuring that they have the economical, emotional, health and educational support to become active and valued members of their communities.
We are looking for a consultant to conduct a baseline survey for the project ‘Youth with Complex Disabilities in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania Learn, Work and Earn’.
This 24-month action seeks to improve the employability of 300 youth with complex disabilities in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania through the acquisition of market driven and quality vocational skills and accessing decent work in the formal and informal labour markets.
For more information, check the full ToR here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15nXaCcfi34gkN6xkSSR_I55sG6KfnP1A/view?u…
The baseline survey needs to be undertaken during dates between 7th January 2020 to 27th January 2020.
Total fees to be discussed with the consultant selected
Expertise and expectations of consultant
• Significant knowledge and experience of conducting baseline surveys.
• Good knowledge of disability across Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
• Excellent written English and Kiswahili.
• Demonstrated understanding of technical vocational educational & training landscape in the East African region for youth with complex disabilities.
• Demonstrated experience in carrying out baseline surveys for bilateral/multilateral donors.