The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position of: Cassava Phenotyping Scientist. The position is located in Ibadan, Oyo State. Interested candidates should possess a PhD in Plant Physiology, Agronomy, remote sensing or other relevant fields from a highlThe International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Automotive Service Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the Automotive and Transport units of IITA-FMS;
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts used in modern passenger and light utility vehicles, e.g. Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi and others totaling about 300 vehicles;
- Ensure the workshop is equipped with proper maintenance tools and upgrade where necessary;
- Review existing workshop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update as necessary;
- Certify road worthiness checklist of all vehicles before they leave workshop after repair;
- Oversee workshop staff/supervisors’ activities to make sure correct repair procedures are followed;
- Periodically review and update inventory stock of essential spare parts needed.
- Prepare and review service history of all IITA vehicles and make sure the preventive maintenance schedules is followed on all vehicles.
- Prepare and update the Master List and particulars of all IITA vehicles used in Nigeria;
- Exercise proper budget control in the operation of automotive and transport unitto make sure expenditure and income are balanced;
- Review and advise renewal of driving licenses held by official drivers and private users at the Headquarters;
- Perform any otherduties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or related field with minimum of ten (10) years experience performing similar role in a structured environment
- Possession of relevant higher qualificationsand membership of Council of Registered Engineering (COREN) is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be familiar with source of genuine parts and be able to identify them.
- Be familiar with correct diagnostics repair procedure for different model/makes of vehicles.
- Have excellent managerial and supervisory skills to handle the entire auto service staff.
- Have good time management and communication skills.
- Must be well versed in the use of diagnostics tools and modules used to identify faults quickly in order to keep down time to a minimum.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- Job City Ibadan, Oyo