UNHCR Global Service Centre Budapest
Job Title: Job ID: Associate Reporting Officer
Location: Budapest (GSC), Hungary
Salary Grade: NB
Hardship Level: H
Family Location Type: Family
Candidates must be primarily Hungarian nationals.
Procedures and Eligibility
General Service staff, regardless of grade or length of service, with a relevant degree and meeting UNHCR standards for recruitment to the National Professional Officer category can apply, provided that requirements regarding professional experience, academic qualifications, language, etc. are fulfilled.
Applications must be supported by documentation of fully effective performance history and demonstrated potential to assume professional responsibilities. National Professional officers who have served for a minimum of one year in their present post will be eligible to apply. Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL) paragraphs 70-77.
Duties and Qualifications
Associate Reporting Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Communications or Donor Relations Officer, the Associate Reporting Officer contributes to production, editing and quality control of reports for his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR). By systematization and sharing of accurate and timely information, the incumbent promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNHCR.
S/he establishes close contacts with all UNHCR sections in the AOR to gather and analyse information. S/he maintains effective professional relationships with a wide variety of donors, operational and implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders to gather, analyse and disseminate information about activities of UNHCR and its partners.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRÂ’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Draft regular daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and external audience (including donors and media).
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
- Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
- Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
- Support the monitoring of UNHCRÂ’s partnerships and consolidate information about PartnersÂ’ activities.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donorsÂ’ contributions to UNHCR.
- Research/analyse, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCRÂ’s reporting policies and deadlines.
- May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit stories for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact checking, proofreading and quality control.
- Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Journalism; Public Administration; Communication;
International relations; Political Science; Law;
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports.
Experience in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
- Experience in a field mission and at Headquarters / in the UN Common System and country context.
- Experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism.
Donor relations or liaison with media.
UN-UNHCR Operations, mandate, principles and policies;
DM-Data collection methodologies;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Please also note that English is essential and French and Spanish are desirable for this Job Opening.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context