The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in
the ECOWAS Commission.
VA No: 127
Organization: GIZ Nigeria – Green Innovation Centre (GIAE)
- As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity.
- Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. Our 19,506 employees, almost 70 percent of whom are national personnel, work in around 120 countries (December 2017).
- GIZ has worked in Nigeria since 1974. From 2004, GIZ has maintained a country office in the capital city Abuja. Currently 280 national and 51 international employees and 4 integrated specialists are working in the country (as of 31.12.2018).
Green Innovation Centre (GIAE):
- The Special Initiative One World No Hunger has been launched 2014 by the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development BMZ with the objective to increase food security and combat poverty. Under the Special Initiative, the Global Program Green Innovation Centre for the Agriculture and Food Sector (GIAE) aims to increase the productivity and income of smallholders by promoting the market-oriented development of agricultural value chains. The Global Program places focus on the identification and fostering of innovations, dissemination of know-how and technology solutions and skills upgrading.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Supporting the project finance and inventory management in line with GIZ rules and standards
- Handling the procurement of goods and services in line with GIZ rules and standards
- Office management
Finance and accounting:
- Supports the project accounting and ensures that expenditures are in accordance with endorsed budget
- Handles the bank transaction posting, reconciliation and settlement of pending transactions (receivables and tax liabilities)
- Supports preparation for internal control and ensures the financial documents are prepared in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Handles the project inventory management and undertakes checks to ensure the project assets are in good use
- Monitors the project receivables and ensures timely settlement
- Monitors project supplies and consumables and ensure proper use.
- Handles project procurement of goods and services at the project level
- Liaise with GIZ country office for the project procurement and contract processes
- Monitors appraisers and consulting firms contracts and ensures timely presentation of final invoices
- Checks contract invoices for consultants for correctness before payment or submission to the country office
- Supports project logistics (travels, trainings, workshops etc) and visa processes
- Office management (effective functioning of office equipment, regular data backup and efficient use of project assets – stock control and fuel consumption)
- Liaise with risk management office (RMO) as the project security focal person on issues on security, overland travels and monitoring charts
- Assume other tasks at the request of management.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related courses.
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in a similar position
- Broad experience in financial and administrative management
- Previous GIZ experience is an asset.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent management, administrative and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Social skill and good team player
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, e-mail, internet, phone conferences, skype) and related software.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: [email protected] Please include vacancy no.123 in mail subject.
Note: GIZ Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Abuja